Sunday 11 November 2012

Studs, Spikes, Faux Fur and Embellishment Blues

Now, I'm not sure about you beauties but I'm having a bit of a fixation with statement jewellery as of late.  By statement jewellery I mean mainly silver and gold jewellery embellished with studs, spikes, chains and gorgeously gothic, possibly dangerous pieces.  Not only jewellery, am I tormented by but also all forms of accessories; be it a faux fur stole (which I heavily praised in a recent OOTD), a sequin trim on a dress or a scattering of spikes on a shoe.
       Obviously my inspiration began on the runways back in February this year with various offerings of embellishment and gothic glory.  But since then, all the street style and look books have infused a huge desire on my part of needing more of these items in my life.













(I don't own any pictures; various from Pinterest, Jameela Jamil for Very, Primark, Tumblr and Google)

It's a perfect transition from the la-de-da-ness of S/S's girly, princess, cutesy fairy land.  Not to say that I didn't enjoy dressing head to toe in pastels and dressing like a dainty little darling.  Or wanting to but have the lack of suitable clothing to work with.  ANYWAY.
       Statement jewellery and luxurious accessories just twist every outfit into something else, something one thousand times better.  Something enviable and utterly desirable to every other stylish woman out there.  They want your style, maybe they even want to be you.

I think what I'm trying to say is that jewellery, in any form, can completely change a persons day-to-day outfit to something that isn't at all day-to-day and more 'I'm a stylish, sophisticated yet urban and chic'.  Totally cool and green-eye provoking. 

On a less happy note, I have two weeks worth of exams starting tomorrow so posting will be even more irregular for a while, but when that is over I'm really planning on stepping up my game.  You will have much better, well written post fuelled with a lot more effort on my part.  Lots more OOTD taken in better backgrounds with better quality where I can and an upcoming look book (will also be up on my YouTube channel) along with my favourite S/S13 runway shows following my Jonathan Saunders post as well as many other exciting things including my new position writing for a friend's magazine...keep reading and all will be revealed soon! 

Meg 
x

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog dear. I really love it! and i love studs :D

    Hope you'll visit me, I will be so grateful :)
    Lots of kisses, Elena

    ReplyDelete