Sunday 25 November 2012

Black as his heart









Dress - Romwe, Jacket - Motel, Bag - H! by Henry Holland, Necklace - Gift, Rings - All mum's, cuff - Topshop, Lipstick - Topshop in Beguiled

I wore this outfit to go to a charity fashion show at a local all-girls school.  I wouldn't have gone along normally - as it was mainly aimed at pupil's friends and family.  Most of the models were sixth form students along with a few teachers, I think.  I went along to help out a friend and also because I really wanted to!
    I went along with Question Me a group that is based around young people and they do all sorts.  They filmed the event as part of Question Me TV and I presented for them.  I've never done any presenting before but I do make YouTube videos so I thought it would probably be ok... And it was!  I think... I interviewed a few of the students at the school about modelling, styling, inspiration and just general questions about the event along with an interview with head mistress.  It was all in all pretty fun!  I really enjoyed presenting and watching the show ten times more then I thought I would and I'd really love to do a bit more presenting stuff in the future.

I wanted to look quite smart yet stay on trend as it's a fashion show after all.  A girls got to dress good right?  I smartened up this super sweet dress from Romwe with black boots with a small heel to make it more sophisticated and, really, just to make my legs look a little longer then they actually are!  (If you guys know how I can sort this short leg issue out, please help me.  I'm desperate!) I wasn't going to go into official work mode though because erm...it wasn't work.  I threw on my leather jacket to add some 'edge' and just make it a little rockier and live up to my 'fashion blogger' name which I rather enjoyed being known as on the night.  The satchel just goes with everything so that explains that.  I loved the look and felt really comfortable and just like myself in it.  It's not too daring but it still looks good.
    When the video of the night is all ready I'll put it up for you guys to have a quick look.

All in all, I've had a very successful weekend.  I've ordered 3 pairs of shoes (pictures up when they arrive), filmed a few videos, read my magazines & part of my new book (might do a post on it once I've read it - it's about fashion careers), finished off my 40's style apron at my sewing class and got loads of ideas for upcoming things!

2 comments: