Monday 20 February 2012

crazy on you

Major girl crush on Tavi Gevinson the last couple of days, I've also been constantly checking up at Rookie recently too, which is kind of ironic as their current theme is 'Obsession'.  Looking through her blog and Rookie, it has really inspired me to dress in whatever I wish...not what fashion say I should, even though Tavi is very fashion orientated in her own way.  I used to dress more in of an independant way, without consistantly looking through fashion mags and spending hours online looking at blogs, which is basically 60% of what I spend my time doing as of recent times. Not that I feel there is anything wrong with that, but I would love to be able to dress head to toe in vintage and set trends for 100's on teenage girls and to be such a huge inspiration as Tavi is. Forgetting clothes and style for a couple of seconds, I can't get out of my head that she started blogging at 11!  I think, as she's 15 now that she's a real inspiration to young girls (such as myself) to be conifident with blogging and not feel silly for doing so at such a young age, even though I know that's what a lot of people think.  I watched an interview with her and she was speaking about when she first went to Fashion Week and she said  "They were talking about how inappropriate it was for someone of my age to go to Fashion Week, she remembers, but this was coming from an industry that fetishes youth." Which I honeslty can not agree more with.  I think this is one of the reasons many girls my age don't start real blogs. (I'm not talking about Tumblr 'blogs'...That's an entirely different post all in itself...) 


Not only has she opened my eyes on the blogging industry for youngsters, she also opened my eyes to the band Heart.  Which I can honestly say to you, I haven't stopped listening to since I saw this post on Style Rookie, yesterday.  I don't know why I haven't searched them before... I found them on Spotify after watching Crazy On You on YouTube then realised Alone was by them too!  Of course, this, I recognised! (I didn't start singing at the top of my voice and dancing at this point either...)


Not to mention her little diary things, now they inspire me and my 'artistic side'!


Let's just say she is my MEGA girl crush of the moment.




I found this picture somewhere a couple of days ago (can't remember where from, opps) and I remember it saying that is was a sort of peaceful protest (?) about how much the designers pay to get a show.  I believe this woman among other models and the designer where protesting outside a show...somthing like that.  But the picture just wanted me to be in a slightly nicer and pastelly version of Alice in Wonderland.  Idk, just the colours and the hair made me want to imaging a pantomime but then it wanted me to be head to toe in crochet hippie clothing...don't even ask.

Whilst I'm still on a Chung lovin' high the last month, The Del Rey is taking over another chunk of my mind that is soulfully devoted to girl crushes.  Her beautiful soft curls that I just can not recreate on my own hair (probably due to the lack of it) and that (usual) browny ginger colour are just ___________ (insert word).


I can't think of anything else right now, other than the face mask I'm about to put on, the ugliness of my skin right now, the crop fring that I want (that I might just cut in in a moment) and the idea of the horrific headache that I have right now.

hope you've had a great day x

No comments:

Post a Comment